Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summit County

Well, I just got back from a very nice vacation in Summit County, Colorado. It was really fun. The whole family really had a blast. Before we left I've researched places we can go and things to do as a family. Having little ones, I know I had to plan things in advance that would work with their schedule and our budget. We rented a townhome in Silverthorne. I really recommend VRBO. We were able to get a great townhome that had 4 bedrooms and it was spacious and a great upgrade from staying in a hotel. I was really happy to find out that the prices in the grocery stores up there are the same as the ones we have back home. I love Kroger supermarkets ( King Soopers / City Market ). They have fresh produce and lots of organic items with prices that really fits your budget. They had tons of restaurants and fastfood places you can go to but a lot of times my family and I love to cook and have meals at home. Renting a townhome lets us do all that.
Oh, did I mention the Silverthorne Outlets. Talk about good deals. I love to shop name brands for less and this is the place to go. Especially for kids clothes. Just up the road from HWY 6 is Dillon and further up is Keystone. And if you take I-70 going west, the next exit #203 leads you to Frisco and Breckenridge.
I'm not much of a skier or snowboarder but in the summertime. These are just the kind of places I'd like to go to. Beautiful spots, LOADS of outdoor stuff to do...for the whole family. In Frisco, we were able to rent a boat. It was a 12 seater and $150.00 for two hours around Lake Dillon was not a bad deal. We were able to take our kids and each took a turn with dad on the wheel. They thought it was the best. I talked to my mom on the phone and she asked me where I was and I told her I was at Walmart at that time. She can't believe there's a Walmart up there but it's there in Frisco. We were able to get what we need for our little camping activity all at Walmart. Good deal. Frisco is a nice little town with breathtaking views of the mountains and the Lake Dillon. They also have little shops and museums in Main Street and the kids love to just walk around.

No comments:

Post a Comment